I don’t do New Years resolutions. I believe you can make those any day at any time you want. Not just on January 1st.
I do believe in do’s and don’ts though. Which are almost the same, but are less ‘tried’. Most of us forget about our
NY resolutions with a few months, some even within weeks or day’s.
So here is what you should do and don’t, according to me. Let’s be clear that this is my list, so don’t feel obliged for even one second to follow this list. And I also think that this list shouldn’t be for just this year. What are your Do’s and Don’ts? Let me know in the comments!
1. Make your own Do’s and Don’ts list 😉
2. Be friendly. For real.
3. Care less about what other people think.
4. Turn on happy music when you’re sad. It helps.
5. Read more books. Any kind of book.
6. Do less Social media (In my case, only use Social Media for work, because it basically is my job) Unplug!
7. Take more ‘me’ time.
8. Watch ‘Stranger Things’ season 2. If you haven’t seen season 1, start with that one.
9. Accept who you are.
10. Be less perfect.
11. Laugh. A lot!
12. Collect karma points.
13. Safe an animal.
14. Travel more often. I go to Australia this year, so that ‘Do’ is already checked.
15. Ask your friends and family more real ‘How are you’s’
16. Do more yoga and meditation.
17. Smile more often.
18. Live in the moment, not in the past or future.
19. Spend more time in the sun.
20. Hug a friend just because it’s nice, not because they are sad.
21. Tell you’re friends and family that you love them more often.
22. Judge less
23. Trust that inner gut feeling more often.
24. Think more positive.
25. Let go of people that are not good for you.
1. Make to much do’s, otherwise it is too hard to keep track.
2. Stress too much. A bit of stress is not bad, it can actually help you achieve sometimes.
3. Eat too healthy
4. Work out to become more ‘perfect’. Work out because you like it and it makes you feel good.
5. Hold your spontaneity.
6. Do things that don’t make you happy.
7. Care too much about how you look.
8. Please others out of insecurity.
9. Hold your anger. Sometimes it’s good to tear up a magazine or throw something if you’re hurt or mad. Check Do nr 3.
10. Follow up of number 9. Hold your tears. If you’re sad, cry. It’s good to cry, it releases the pressure.
11. Think too much
12. Compare yourself with others. One’s beauty, succes or talent doesn’t mean the absence of your own.
13. Use your phone when you go to bed or wake up. Leave it in another room.
14. Smoke. It’s gross. For the record, I don’t smoke, I only did it when I was drunk, but I can’t remember my last cigarette.
15. Be scared to make mistakes.
16. Use people for your own benefit.
17. Let yourself get used. Do number 23 and 25.
18. Look for a rebound. It won’t solve your problem. It’s just a distraction.
19. Put your life on Facebook.
20. Try to change someone into someone their not.
21. Bully or be mean.